Further information of the bidding process for the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) New Passenger Terminal Project has been provided by the Philippines Trade and Investment centre in London.
The Mactan-Cebu International Airport, located on Mactan Island in Cebu Province in the Philippines, is the second largest airport in the Philippines in terms of passenger traffic. For 2011, said terminal handled 6.2 million passengers despite the design capacity of the existing terminal of only 4.5 million passengers. Hence, MCIA clearly needs to expand, especially since passenger traffic has grown by an unprecedented rate of 13% for the last 10 years.
The following relevant information on the Bidding Process are:
- The project will be awarded through competitive public bidding pursuant to a two-stage public bidding process and in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders, the Philippine Build-Operate- Transfer (BOT) Law (Republic Act No. 6957, as amended by the Republic Act No.7718) (“BOT Law”), and its 2012 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (“Revised IRR”).
- In this process, Prospective Bidders must submit their Pre-Qualification Documents, by the Pre-Qualification Documents Submission Date, to pre-qualify for participation in the Bidding Process. Prospective Bidders who fulfill the requirements to pre-qualify shall be shortlisted as Pre-Qualified Bidders. Only the Pre-Qualified Bidders shall be invited and allowed to submit a Bid for the Project subsequently.
- Bidding is open to all interested bidders, subject to the conditions for eligibility under the BOT Law and the Invitation Documents. The Invitation Documents, consisting of (i) this Invitation to Pre-Qualify and Bid, (ii) the Instructions to Prospective Bidders and its Annexes, and (iii) Project Information will be available at Unit 153, 15th Floor, The Columbia Tower, Brgy. Wack-Wack, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. for distribution to interested parties from 27 December 2012 to 25 February 2013.
- The Invitation Documents will be issued to Prospective Bidders upon the payment by the Prospective Bidder of a non-refundable fee of Php1M in cash or managers check issued by a bank in the Philippines made out to the Department of Transportation and Communications.
- Only entities who have purchased the Invitation Documents shall be allowed to participate in the Pre-qualification and the Bidding Process.
The two documents listed below provide further detailed information on the Bidding opportunity. Click on the links to get the documents.